SHONA Congo


Monday, November 2, 2009

What does the holiday season mean to you?

To me the holiday season is about hope and joy. It is about celebrating the gift of life and cherishing those around us..



So why do I find myself stuck in traffic? Why do I end up in nameless, crowded shopping centers looking at rows of appliances, and trying desperately to come up with a meaningful gift?

Alas, I am a procrastinator. I always wait until the last possible moment to buy my gifts. But it isn't just because I am a procrastinator. It is also because I know how hard the job is.
How do you find a gift that represents the true spirit of the holiday season?
How do you wrap up the hope and joy of the season and put it in a box?




I'm sure there are many different answers to that question. And maybe, in all truth, the holidays aren't about wrapping things up and putting them in boxes at all.

But on the off-chance that you plan to buy at least one gift this holiday season, let me offer just one suggestion.

How about adding a few handcrafted SHONA gifts to your holiday shopping? You can order them right now, and then stash them away. You will find they are the perfect gifts to have on hand when someone unexpected stops by. And they are the perfect gift for those people who already have everything. I can assure you that they don't have this.


But more importantly, I can't think of a more concrete way to give the gift of hope and joy to others. Your purchases make an incredible difference in the lives of 5 very real craftspeople in one of the most war-torn regions of the world. And you give this gift not just to them, but to the families they support.

Roy and his youngest daughter Marlene


by making it possible for them to live and work with dignity and pride.

Argentine at work

Remember that 100% of the profit from each sale is returned to the craftspeople.
Imagine if each person that read this blog bought just one item from SHONA... Imagine if every person that read this post shared it with 2 more people...

This holiday we invite you to come and shop with us.
You'll find some beautiful handcrafted gifts, and be inspired by some of the most hopeful people in the world.


4 comments:

syiling peringatan malaysia said...

Nice to meet your blog

Miss Footloose said...

Your link to the Shona gift site is not working. Could you give us the actual web address?

I agree with you about the idea of giving gifts that matter. I don't like buying gifts just for the sake of having something to give, especially not for people who already have everything!

Miss Footloose said...

OOPS! I just noticed the address is in the sidebar. The one in the text of the post is "broken."

shona congo said...

Thanks for wanting to check us out, and thanks for letting me know about the broken link. It is (finally) fixed, in case you are wondering.