SHONA Congo


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On the ground

For those of you who have been wondering...
My husband and I have officially landed stateside. We arrived on Monday after a few stops in Rwanda, Uganda, and Dubai.

And after three years in Goma, without once getting malaria, I came down with it on the day we left. Clearly my body was just made to be in Congo.

But I am feeling better now and here we are stateside, extremely glad for the opportunity to be with family and friends.

Meanwhile the SHONA ladies are doing well on their own. And we have new shipments that have arrived, although they won't be posted in our store for a couple weeks. My blog, also, will probably be a bit neglected for a week or two, so bear with me.

I have much to say, and a blazing internet connection to enjoy, but it will take a few more days for my head to stop spinning. Looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

No comments: